The Pittsburgh Pirates announced today that individual game tickets for the 2007 home season will go on sale on Saturday, March 3 at 10 a.m. Beginning at that time fans can purchase tickets to individual games in person at the PNC Park Main Box Office, by telephone at 1-800-BUY-BUCS or online at The Official Site of The Pittsburgh Pirates: Homepage
The Pirates will host a special "On-Sale" event at PNC Park from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for those fans coming out to the ballpark. The event includes:
• Self-guided tours of the PNC Park home clubhouse, Pirates dugout, Pirates batting cages and Pittsburgh Baseball Club
• Meet and greet with Pirates General Manager Dave Littlefield from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Appearances by the Pirate Parrot, Captain Jolly Roger and Pirates Pierogies
• Face painters and balloon artists for children
• Complimentary coffee and hot chocolate
• Informational displays on the Pirates 2007 promotional calendar, including details on giveaway items, promotions, the Lady Bucs Club, Bucaroos Kids Club, Community Days and Nationality Days
Prices for advanced purchased, individual-game tickets will remain the same as they were in 2006. This is the fifth consecutive year that advanced individual game ticket and season ticket prices have remained the same or been lowered.
"We are proud to continue to offer one of the most affordable and fan friendly entertainment options in the region," said Tim Schuldt, Pirates Vice President and Chief Marketing and Sales Officer. "With our core group of young, exciting players coming off of last season's winning second half, combined with the offseason moves that were made, Pirates fans are energized for the upcoming season. This excitement has been demonstrated by a record attendance at PirateFest, an extremely successful Pirates Winter Caravan and strong ticket sales."
Full and partial season ticket plans are already available for purchase, including the popular 8-Pack plan. New this season, the 8-Pack is an eight game ticket package that gives fans an additional two free games and the flexibility to pick the specific games they want to attend, thus guaranteeing the best seats for the most popular games and promotions.