Astros pursue Hunter, Rowand - Page 4 - Baseball Forum - MLB Forum - Fantasy & College Baseball Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 03:34 PM
162
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 161
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhollywood
Me either, but as this one from Photo Day clearly shows, it's not a concsious effort on his part. It [his behind] sticks out there all by itself. Booty-licious would be a good description, I'd say.
So, what you're really trying to say is that, "Baby Got Back"!?
162 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 980
 
This has officially become the women loving their Astros thread.
Bstros is offline  
post #33 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 04:20 PM
162
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 161
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstros
This has officially become the women loving their Astros thread.
No worries, time to even things out a bit...




162 is offline  
 
post #34 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 04:41 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,135
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 162
Agreed. Loretta will be good insurance just like Ausmus. I actually don't mind seeing Bruntlett at shorstop at all. I really think he handles that position very well. Sure he's not going to make "all" of the plays that Everett will...but then again who would?

So, hypothetically, if they have Bruntlett and Loretta both signed as part time players for the infield (of course Bruntlett could play a little outfield), do you still go after Lamb (assuming no other team picks him up as a full time player)?
I honestly think the Astros will let Lamb go. They have a cheaper option with Luke as the lefty off the bench, though Lamb's numbers are better.
zhollywood is offline  
post #35 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 04:42 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,135
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 162
So, what you're really trying to say is that, "Baby Got Back"!?
Baby got a REALLY nice back.
zhollywood is offline  
post #36 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 04:43 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,135
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstros
This has officially become the women loving their Astros thread.
I've always said being a female sports fan is an added bonus.
zhollywood is offline  
post #37 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 06:12 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 693
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhollywood
I honestly think the Astros will let Lamb go. They have a cheaper option with Luke as the lefty off the bench, though Lamb's numbers are better.
I tend to agree. Lamb's been very productive off the bench and in clutch positions.
DallasStrosFan is offline  
post #38 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 07:11 PM
162
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 161
 
I guess the difference between Scott and Lamb is that Scott would be backing up the outfield and Lamb backing up the infield.

Let's see, when Everett was at SS and Biggio at 2nd at the beginning of the season we had Lamb and Loretta as a backup (Bruntlett was on the farm and Burke was in center at the time?).
In the outfield we had Palmeiro and either Lane or Scott backing up the outfield.
When Pence came up, Burke took a bench or part time or pinch hit role.

It seems as though for the last couple of seasons they've had at least 2 or 3 to backup the infield and about 2 true outfielders to back up the outfield.

With Lane, Lamb and Palmeiro likely gone I was curious as to how they were going to fill those slots back up. Unless they re-sign Lamb to accompany Bruntlett and Loretta for the infield and use Scott and Anderson behind the existent outfield which might include a Rowand or Hunter?
162 is offline  
post #39 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 07:17 PM
162
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 161
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhollywood
Baby got a REALLY nice back.


Now that is funny. I'll have to just take your word on it.

He wears some really cool looking shades. That's as far as I got...and will be as far as I go! lol
162 is offline  
post #40 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 07:34 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 693
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 162
I guess the difference between Scott and Lamb is that Scott would be backing up the outfield and Lamb backing up the infield.

Let's see, when Everett was at SS and Biggio at 2nd at the beginning of the season we had Lamb and Loretta as a backup (Bruntlett was on the farm and Burke was in center at the time?).
In the outfield we had Palmeiro and either Lane or Scott backing up the outfield.
When Pence came up, Burke took a bench or part time or pinch hit role.

It seems as though for the last couple of seasons they've had at least 2 or 3 to backup the infield and about 2 true outfielders to back up the outfield.

With Lane, Lamb and Palmeiro likely gone I was curious as to how they were going to fill those slots back up. Unless they re-sign Lamb to accompany Bruntlett and Loretta for the infield and use Scott and Anderson behind the existent outfield which might include a Rowand or Hunter?
I thought Luke started in RF this year and Palmeiro has mostly been a pinch-hitter? Burke was stinking in both offense and CF defense and he was sent down. That's when Pence was brought up. That's why Burke hasn't seen much playing time. Lucky for us, Pence had his CF job and Biggio had his 2B job. But you bring up a good point about the lack of dependable backups. Who will be Burke's backup? And who'll backup the outfield? Luke was not a very productive pinch hitter this year. That's why I'm worried he'll be riding the bench. It's not just because I want to see his booty from Sec. 153. It's more because I fear we won't be able to count on him for offense.
DallasStrosFan is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Baseball Forum - MLB Forum - Fantasy & College Baseball Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome