Baseball Forum - MLB Forum - Fantasy & College Baseball Forums - View Single Post - Welcome New Yankee Fans
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 11:06 AM
nyjyrk
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I'm not new, but I'll introduce myself to get things on this thread going.

My actual name is Jim, and I'm originally from Long Island. Garden City Park to be exact (haven't heard of it? No worries) I graduated HS in 1991, and joined the Marines. After which I moved to Iowa, where I met my wife, and have lived since 1996. I now have two boys of my own, both Yankee fans (my wife is as well).
I've been a Yankee fan my entire life. My father is a Mets fan, so I have no real hatred for them. I went to many games at the Stadium and to Shea with my dad growing up.
I hate Interleague and the wild card. There's just no place for them and the unbalanced schedule. It makes for unequal playing field.
My favorite player growing up was Don Mattingly, and currently Derek Jeter. (Go figure that both were named captains after the fact)I'm a huge baseball history buff, especially Yankee history. I love baseball trivia, and run a baseball site complete with our own forum. I run it with two guys I've never actually met except on the internet. We met playing an online baseball sim game called Bush League Baseball.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome