Baseball Forum - MLB Forum - Fantasy & College Baseball Forums - View Single Post - Miggy playing through back soreness
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
JustinVerlander35
Ace of the Staff

Tigers Miggy playing through back soreness

Quote:
Miguel Cabrera can create a highlight every time he takes a swing. He can also create a panic every time he takes a funny step.

Wednesday night was a case for the latter.

Cabrera drove in Detroit's lone run off Jordan Zimmermann with an RBI single through the middle, but it was his groundout to short in his next at-bat that had Tigers fans abuzz, wondering if Cabrera was trying to hide an injury.

Cabrera did not show any sign of being limited in the eighth inning, when he flew out to center, or at third base.

After the game, he confirmed he's playing through an issue, but downplayed the severity.

"My back was tight, a little sore," Cabrera said Wednesday night. "My lower back. It's no big deal. I was able to play nine innings with that. Hopefully tomorrow, I'll work out, be able to stretch and be ready to play."
Read more: Miggy playing through back soreness | tigers.com: News

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome