Baseball Forum - MLB Forum - Fantasy & College Baseball Forums - View Single Post - Weaver has broken left elbow, out 4-6 weeks
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Sharky
A-Gawd

Angles Weaver has broken left elbow, out 4-6 weeks

Quote:
ANAHEIM -- Jered Weaver is expected to be lost to the Angels for 4-6 weeks because of a broken left elbow.

Weaver landed awkwardly on the mound at Rangers Ballpark on Sunday night trying to avoid a line drive off the bat of Texas' Mitch Moreland leading off the sixth inning. Weaver was in immediate pain as the ball sailed over his head into center field and he left the game immediately. An X-ray taken after the game showed no structural damage, but the Angels got bad news on the off day on Monday. They open a three-game series at Angel Stadium on Tuesday night against the Athletics.

"I slipped on the mound and was trying to catch myself from falling down," Weaver said, "and next thing you know there's a bullet coming at you. If it hit somewhere on my body, there would have been more pain issues involved. The left elbow is better than the right arm, that's for sure.
Read more-Angels pitcher Jered Weaver has broken left elbow, will be out at least a month | MLB.com: News

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome