Baseball Forum - MLB Forum - Fantasy & College Baseball Forums - View Single Post - Capuano's gem gives Dodgers series win
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
JustinVerlander35
Ace of the Staff

Dodgers Capuano's gem gives Dodgers series win

Quote:
Baseball etiquette demands that teammates never mention "no-hitter" to a pitcher who is pitching one, but Chris Capuano couldn't help but know he was working on one on Sunday.

"I had a nice heckler, when I was in the on-deck circle, keep reminding me of it," said Capuano. "I probably made a mistake when I turned and said, 'Yeah, I know.'"

Capuano lost the no-hitter to former Mets teammate Jose Reyes with one out in the seventh inning, but with three more RBIs from Hanley Ramirez, the Dodgers went on to a 5-0 win over the Marlins in the rubber game of the three-game series. Capuano was lifted with a two-hitter going after eight innings to save his rebuilt arm for the next start.

"[Reyes] has a quick bat, I left one over the middle and he smoked it," said Capuano, who also allowed a bloop single to Nick Green with one out in the eighth inning.
Read more: MLB.com Gameday | dodgers.com: Gameday

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome