Baseball Forum - MLB Forum - Fantasy & College Baseball Forums - View Single Post - Latos' gem, first Reds win backed by bats
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
JustinVerlander35
Ace of the Staff

Reds Latos' gem, first Reds win backed by bats

Quote:
Mat Latos wasn't about to let his best start of this short season -- and first win as a Red -- get away from him. Not without a big fight.

The Reds coasted to a 9-2 victory over the Giants on Tuesday, but things were plenty tense during a long sixth inning. Clinging to a 2-0 lead with two outs, Latos had been very strong up to that point. But before he knew it, he was battling through a 37-pitch inning and had a two-out, bases-loaded rally on his hands.

But Latos threw a 2-1 fastball to Nate Schierholtz and got a routine grounder to Brandon Phillips, who stepped on second base for the third out. The right-hander was pumped as he returned to the dugout.

"I can be emotional sometimes," Latos said. "I was excited to get out of that inning without giving up a run. It was a 2-0 ballgame at that point. That's a big inning. I get out of that and everybody can exhale. I just wanted to let it all out. I was fired up to get that out."
Read more- MLB.com Gameday | reds.com: Gameday

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome