Baseball Forum - MLB Forum - Fantasy & College Baseball Forums - View Single Post - Shields likes role as elder statesman on mound
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
JustinVerlander35
Ace of the Staff

Rays Shields likes role as elder statesman on mound

Quote:
"Father Time" is back with the Rays for yet another season, and nothing could please him more.

James Shields turned 30 in December. And because the Rays did not deal him during the offseason, as countless many speculated they would, he stands to be the guy to break the streak: His first start of the season in April will end an amazing run of games started by Rays pitchers under the age of 30.

"I've been with the organization since Day 1, and I want to be here as long as they'll let me," Shields said. "I'm 30 years old, but I still feel young. We have a great pitching staff, and I'm just glad to be here. We're about winning now, and I want to be a part of a winning team."
Read more- James Shields likes role as Rays' elder statesman on mound | MLB.com: News

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome