The U.S team should be formidable, but I wouldn't call any team invincible. The WBC is a short tournament, in which anything can happen. The longer the tournament, the better deeper teams do. The U.S. hasn't done too bad in terms of rosters, but you can't force anyone to play that doesn't want to. Aside from depth at all positions the U.S. needs a sound game plan,
- They can't be satisfied with waiting for someone to hit a homer, they will have to play some small ball to win some games.
- Load the roster with the maximum amount of pitchers allowable.
- Don't forget about the pitch count, stock the roster with plenty starters and top it off with a dynamic bullpen.
- Don't be afraid to change pitchers, there isn't enough time to allow a big name pitcher to settle down.
- Did I mention how crucial pitching is...
Ultimately, the U.S. needs a Team not a collection of Names to win it all.
Twitter: Global Baseball News @nebo86
Nouvelles de Baseball International * Titulares de Béisbol Internacional * Notizie di Baseball Internazionale
Notícias Internacionais de Beisebol * Internationaal Honkbal Nieuws